Monday 13 July 2009

The Great Washing Machine debate ..

My washing machine has died, the man came today, took one look and said, it'll cost 200 quid to fix, you may as well get a new one, which obviously launched me into a discussion on the ever growing mountain of white goods etc ... He then turned into some sort of spokes man for government failings and manufacturers of appliances , it went on for half an hour, i basically paid him 15 pounds for a lecture !!!Although the idea of hand washing and washboards and soap sounds very appealing to me (and i mean very) it's just not practical so we are going to have to get a new one and that actually fills me with guilt, and that i why i started this extra blog, i actually feel guilty about harming the environment, I really do xx

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you about white goods and the like, I get mine, believe it or not, from auction. I figure that way I'm extending their life span and I'm cutting down on any extra packaging. The last washing machine I got at auction was at least 5 years ago and it's still going strong, for all of £30 as I recall.
    I have a big freezer too, from the auction. £50! I found it in the shop for over £300. If I can keep something out of landfill for at least a few years more, that's got to count for something I reckon! So, check out your auctions! :)

    ReplyDelete